Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Gladstone
Our HVAC Services
At GRA, we design, install, repair & maintain quality commercial air conditioning in Gladstone and surrounding areas!
Whether you’re a restaurant wanting to implement more cold storage or a supermarket wanting to expand your cold section, we’ve got you covered!
Keep your family comfortable inside regardless of the weather with GRA air con installation and maintenance services.
The experts at Gladstone Air Conditioning & Refrigeration offer 24/7 air con repairs in Gladstone so you don’t have to wait until morning.
From installation to scheduled servicing & maintenance and even 24/7 emergency repairs, the GRA experts have you covered!
Our team of refrigeration specialists and mechanics design, install and repair industrial refrigeration for cold storage, chemical plants and more!
Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning are proud to be an authorised supplier of AerisGuard’s cleaner and treatment products.
From tailored energy managements to switchboard upgrades, our electricians bring more than refrigeration and air conditioning expertise.
Our refrigeration, air conditioning and electrical services include but are not limited to:
- Design & construction with auto-cad design facility
- Custom installations
- Preventative maintenance
- Tenancy fit-outs
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Plant upgrades
- Mechanical services
- Ventilation & exhaust systems
- Portable & camping refrigeration
- Major project systems
- Switchboard upgrades
- Computer room environment control
- Energy management
We Provide HVAC Services For Industrial, Commercial & Residential Clients
For more than 30 years, our family-owned business has been the one locals turn to for quality, reliable and affordable services. These include:
Tips For A Successful Commercial Air Con Installation
Our tried-and-tested air conditioning installation process ensures that every project we deliver is of an exceptionally high standard. We follow these steps to give every customer the best results that we can.
We Listen To Your Needs
- At Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, we listen carefully to what our customers need. Our aim is always to provide an A/C installation that’s right for the client.
- We understand that quality and value is crucial, as well as the installation of an energy-efficient, low-maintenance system that’s built to last.
- The recommendations we make regarding potential A/C systems and layouts are based on our extensive experience in the business.
We Consider Your Budget
- Cost is usually an issue when it comes to a commercial installation.
- Our aim is always to get you the results that you need whilst keeping the project as economical as possible.
We ONLY Use Products We Know & Trust
- We only install premium A/C units from reputable manufacturers who have a reputation for high-performance, dependable products to provide our valued customers with the best quality at the best price!
No Stone Left Unturned
- All our installations include preparatory work, including the removal of a previous A/C system if necessary. No job is left unfinished.
Qualified & Experienced Professionals
- Completed by fully qualified, time-served A/C professionals, EVERY commercial installation we perform is carefully inspected and tested to ensure it’s working perfectly.
Thank you GRA, a company I will be using again and recommending.
Frequently Asked Questions
With more than 100 years of combined industry experience, our knowledgeable technicians can give you expert advice on all areas of air conditioning and refrigeration.
Below are just a few of our most commonly asked questions. For more information, call Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning on 07 4972 7234 today.
No, unfortunately we do not service domestic refrigerators or appliances. However, we do offer air conditioning and electrical services to Gladstone homeowners. Please call us if you have any further questions.
The average lifespan of a regularly maintained air conditioner is usually between 10-20 years. Always get a quote to find out an approximate cost before deciding whether a repair or replacement is your best option. Alternatively, you can ask our friendly technicians for advice.
This could be caused by a range of issues—from a dirty air filter through to clogged condensation lines. One of our professional air-con experts will be able to diagnose and repair your air conditioning unit. Contact us now to get started!
As all makes and models are unique, it is best to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for cleaning and filter changing. To avoid any risk to your personal safety, we recommend contacting our technicians to perform all maintenance work.
You will need to consult with one of our qualified repairers to find the underlying cause. Please contact us to discuss so we can provide you with the best solution!
To calculate the size of the air conditioning unit you need, first, calculate the area of space you wish to cool. Then multiply the area by 0.15kW to establish the power rating of the AC unit required.
Example: Total area: 20 x 50 = 1000 sqm Power rating: 1000 x 0.15kW = 150kW
There are several types of commercial air conditioning systems available, but they all essentially work using the same principle:
- First, a compressor compresses a refrigerant in its gaseous state. This increases both the temperature and pressure of the refrigerant to a temperature far higher than the ambient temperature of the room.
- This hot gas is then passed through a condenser which condenses it back into a liquid state. The condensed liquid is then passed through an expansion valve that reduces the pressure, thereby causing the liquid to boil.
- This release of energy causes the temperature of the liquid to fall below room temperature. Once cooled the liquid refrigerant is then passed to an evaporator coil which absorbs warm air from the room. This causes the refrigerant to turn back into a gas. From here, the gas returns to the compressor and the entire process starts again.
This will depend on several factors including the type of system, maintenance and hours of use. But as a general rule, in the Australian climate, a well maintained commercial HVAC system should last for between 10-15 years.
The cost of installing a commercial AC unit varies depending on the size of the building and the type of system installed.
Larger buildings will require more external compressors to chill the air and more internal cassettes to distribute the chilled air around the building. As a rough guide installing a standalone single compressor split AC system in a 2500 sq ft office will start around $4000.
While a large ducted system capable of cooling a large office building or factory unit can cost upwards of $50,000.
Yes, most commercial air conditioning systems allow you to reverse the refrigeration process. This effectively removes cool air from the room and replaces it with warm air.
There are several types of air conditioning systems, but most commercial systems are either split, multi-split or ducted systems.
- Split systems
- With this setup the condenser gets installed outside the building. This then connects to a single evaporator coil located inside the building.
- Multi-split system
- This type of system is the same as a split system but the external condenser connects to multiple internal evaporator coils allowing them to cool multiple rooms simultaneously.
- Ducted system
- With a ducted system, the evaporator and condenser are a single external unit. Chilled air from the condenser is then distributed around the building using a series of ducts.