Commercial Air Conditioning
Commercial Air Conditioning Gladstone
Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning are an established company providing a complete suite of high-grade commercial air conditioning solutions for customers in Gladstone, Rockhampton, Biloela and surrounding areas.
When it comes to commercial air conditioning, Gladstone businesses can trust us to deliver expert, professional service and quality products at affordable prices. We specialise in air conditioning solutions for businesses of all sizes and types.
- Servicing for air conditioning systems at factories, offices, retail facilities and more
Our fully trained and licensed air conditioning and refrigeration technicians are able to work on all makes and models of air conditioning. Available for both major and minor repairs, we are the A/C professionals of choice for a growing number of commercial enterprises.
Types of Commercial Air Conditioning Systems
Split System Air Conditioning
This service is ideal for those wanting to cool just one room or area of their premises.
Split system air conditioners are the mainstream choice for cooling systems in Gladstone and offer a simple solution to your temperature control needs. Not only are these Mitsubishi products reliable and affordable, but they are the epitome of modern technology and will keep your business serviced for years to come.
Ducted Air Conditioning Systems
When you choose ducted air conditioning, you are choosing a quiet and efficient system for your premises. These are fitted with silent filters designed to provide an even airflow that will conserve energy and minimise noise pollution in any room.
Our world-leading systems are designed and constructed by award-winning brands such as Mitsubishi Electric, so you know you can trust an air conditioner from Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
Multi-Head Air Conditioning System
For premises where a fully ducted system will not fit effectively, a multi-head system is perfect to keep several rooms cooled without the eyesore or cost of multiple outdoor units. This tidier and efficient solution is flexible and has the capacity to supply up to six rooms with temperature control.
Furthermore, this is the go-to choice for confined spaces where just one outdoor unit is required on a single mounting space, giving you more room and removing the need for several large and unappealing units.
Cassette System Air Conditioning
The ideal choice for commercial properties, the cassette system functions most effectively in open-plan rooms, including offices, classrooms, gyms, and board rooms. A 360-degree airflow transmitter means that you can rest assured the entire room will be as cool as it ought to be.
Under Ceiling Air Conditioning
If you’re considering an air conditioning system for a commercial property that has a limited amount of ceiling space, an under ceiling system could be the best choice. This system is installed under the ceiling but fixed to a rigid structure and is an ideal choice for rooms that cannot accommodate a cassette system.
Package Unit Air Conditioners
This fully self-contained air conditioning system comes as a rooftop packaged unit that can be installed either on the roof, the ground, or even indoors to service large commercial areas.
Commercial Air Conditioning Installations
Our tried-and-tested air conditioning installation process ensures that every project we deliver is of an exceptionally high standard. We follow these steps to give every customer the best results that we can.
We Listen To Your Needs
- At Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, we listen carefully to what our customers need. Our aim is always to provide an A/C installation that’s right for the client.
- We understand that quality and value is crucial, as well as the installation of an energy-efficient, low-maintenance system that’s built to last.
- The recommendations we make regarding potential A/C systems and layouts are based on our extensive experience in the business.
We Consider Your Budget
- Cost is usually an issue when it comes to a commercial installation.
- Our aim is always to get you the results that you need whilst keeping the project as economical as possible.
We ONLY Use Products We Know & Trust
- We only install premium A/C units from reputable manufacturers who have a reputation for high-performance, dependable products to provide our valued customers with the best quality at the best price!
No Stone Left Unturned
- All our installations include preparatory work, including the removal of a previous A/C system if necessary. No job is left unfinished.
Qualified & Experienced Professionals
- Completed by fully qualified, time-served A/C professionals, EVERY commercial installation we perform is carefully inspected and tested to ensure it’s working perfectly.
Regular maintenance and servicing of your A/C system doesn’t just keep the chances of a repair to an absolute minimum, it also helps to ensure optimal performance. A system that’s operating below par is likely to use more energy to operate, which could be bad news for your power bills.
Our technicians carry out a comprehensive range of checks and maintenance tasks as part of a routine service.
From checking performance through to topping up refrigerant levels, checking the thermostat and replacing any parts that are showing signs of wear, a service from us ensures effective commercial air conditioning when you need it, and may even prolong the lifespan of your system.
Is Your Commercial Air Conditioning In Need Of Repair?
A/C system running inefficiently? Are you noticing strange noises or failure to reach the required temperature? All these signs could be indicative of a fault with your system. At Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, we provide prompt, effective and economical repairs for any commercial A/C system.
We understand the importance of keeping air conditioner downtime to an absolute minimum, which is why we offer a fast service for commercial repairs.
Too often, people avoid having their air conditioning serviced even when it’s showing the warning signs of damage. Running your AC unit when faults are present can decrease efficiency, massively increasing your energy bill, as well as driving up the costs of the eventual repairs your air conditioning will need.
Early warning signs that your air conditioning needs servicing include:
- The AC unit isn’t working properly – blowing out air that’s the wrong temperature
- Odd noises or strange smells coming from your AC unit
- Your air conditioning is leaking
- Unusually high energy bills
- Diminished airflow coming from your AC unit
If you spot any of these warning signs, it’s important to have your AC unit repaired by a qualified air conditioning technician as soon as possible.
If your business is kept comfortable and temperate all year round with an air conditioning system, it’s important to ensure your air conditioning is performing as it should. Broken or inefficient air conditioning can run up your energy bills and make your business unfit for work, meaning lost time and money wasted.
Repair or Replace?
Our experienced engineers can help you to make the right decision, taking the age and health of your air conditioning system into account as well as offering advice on your options for both repairing and replacing your AC system. Faulty air conditioning can grind your business to a halt. At GRA, we understand the importance of getting your AC back up and running as quickly as possible so that regular business can commence.
We work with all major models of air conditioning, including Daikon, and our experienced team has worked on AC units displaying all kinds of common and uncommon faults. For a fast diagnosis and a thorough repair, call 07 4972 7218 or contact us today.
Whether you’re interested in purchasing a new commercial air conditioning system, need to schedule maintenance or are in need of urgent repairs, call the experienced team at Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning today!
At GRA, we are professional air conditioning engineers with years of experience repairing commercial air conditioning systems for clients across Gladstone and the surrounding areas. We work hard to deliver excellent results to all of our clients, and we never push you to purchase products or services you don’t want.
We’re available Monday to Friday 8 am till 5 pm with emergency call-outs available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
- To calculate the size of the Air Conditioning unit you need, first, calculate the area of space you wish to cool. Then multiply the area by 0.15kW to establish the power rating of the AC unit required.
- Example: Total area: 20 x 50 = 1000 sqm Power rating: 1000 x 0.15kW = 150kW
- There are several types of commercial air conditioning systems available, but they all essentially work using the same principle.
- First, a compressor compresses a refrigerant in its gaseous state. This increases both the temperature and pressure of the refrigerant to a temperature far higher than the ambient temperature of the room.
- This hot gas is then passed through a condenser which condenses it back into a liquid state. The condensed liquid is then passed through an expansion valve that reduces the pressure, thereby causing the liquid to boil.
- This release of energy causes the temperature of the liquid to fall below room temperature. Once cooled the liquid refrigerant is then passed to an evaporator coil which absorbs warm air from the room. This causes the refrigerant to turn back into a gas. From here the gas returns to the compressor and the entire process starts again.
- This will depend on several factors including the type of system, maintenance and hours of use.
- But as a general rule, in the Australian climate, a well maintained commercial HVAC system should last for between 10-15 years.
- The cost of installing a commercial AC unit varies depending on the size of the building and the type of system installed.
- Larger buildings will require more external compressors to chill the air and more internal cassettes to distribute the chilled air around the building.
- As a rough guide installing a standalone single compressor split AC system in a 2500 sq ft office will start around $4000.
- While a large ducted system capable of cooling a large office building or factory unit can cost upwards of $50,000.
- Yes, most commercial air conditioning systems allow you to reverse the refrigeration process. This effectively removes cool air from the room and replaces it with warm air.
- Please contact our AC specialists on (07) 4972 7218 for more information.
- There are several types of air conditioning systems, but most commercial systems are either split, multi-split or ducted systems.
- Split systems
- With this setup the condenser gets installed outside the building. This then connects to a single evaporator coil located inside the building.
- Multi-split system
- This type of system is the same as a split system but the external condenser connects to multiple internal evaporator coils allowing them to cool multiple rooms simultaneously.
- Ducted system
- With a ducted system, the evaporator and condenser are a single external unit. Chilled air from the condenser is then distributed around the building using a series of ducts.