Commercial Air Conditioning
Commercial Air Conditioning Gladstone
Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning are an established company providing a complete suite of high-grade commercial air conditioning solutions for customers in Gladstone, Rockhampton, Biloela and surrounding areas.
When it comes to commercial air conditioning Gladstone businesses can trust us to deliver expert, professional service and quality products at affordable prices. We specialise in air conditioning solutions for businesses of all sizes and types.
We provide installations, repairs and servicing to factories, offices, retail facilities and more. Our fully trained and licensed technicians are able to work on all makes and models of air conditioning. Available for both major and minor repairs, we are the A/C professionals of choice for a growing number of commercial enterprises.
Commercial Air Conditioning Installations
Our tried-and-tested air conditioning installation process ensures that every project we deliver is of an exceptionally high standard.
We follow these steps to give every customer the best results that we can.
We Listen To Your Needs
- At Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, we listen carefully to what our customers need. Our aim is always to provide an A/C installation that’s right for the client.
- We understand that quality and value is crucial, as well as the installation of an energy-efficient, low-maintenance system that’s built to last.
- The recommendations we make regarding potential A/C systems and layouts are based on our extensive experience in the business.
We Consider Your Budget
- Cost is usually an issue when it comes to a commercial installation.
- Our aim is always to get you the results that you need whilst keeping the project as economical as possible.
We ONLY Use Products We Know & Trust
- We only install premium A/C units from reputable manufacturers who have a reputation for high-performance, dependable products to provide our valued customers with the best quality at the best price!
No Stone Left Unturned
- All our installations include preparatory work, including the removal of a previous A/C system if necessary. No job is left un-finished
Qualified & Experienced Professionals
- Completed by fully qualified, time-served A/C professionals, EVERY commercial installation we perform is carefully inspected and tested to ensure it’s working perfectly.
Regular maintenance and servicing of your A/C system doesn’t just keep the chances of a repair to an absolute minimum, it also helps to ensure optimal performance. A system that’s operating below par is likely to use more energy to operate, which could be bad news for your power bills.
Our technicians carry out a comprehensive range of checks and maintenance tasks as part of a routine service.
From checking performance through to topping up refrigerant levels, checking the thermostat and replacing any parts that are showing signs of wear, a service from us ensures effective commercial air conditioning when you need it, and may even prolong the lifespan of your system.
A/C system running inefficiently? Are you noticing strange noises or failure to reach the required temperature? All these signs could be indicative of a fault with your system.
At Gladstone Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, we provide prompt, effective and economical repairs for any commercial A/C system.
We understand the importance of keeping air conditioner downtime to an absolute minimum, which is why we offer a fast service for commercial repairs.
Whether you’re interested in purchasing a new commercial air conditioning system, need to schedule maintenance or are in need of urgent repairs,
We’re available Monday to Friday 8am till 5pm with emergency call-outs available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to size commercial air conditioning?
- To calculate the size of the Air Conditioning unit you need, first, calculate the area of space you wish to cool. Then multiply the area by 0.15kW to establish the power rating of the AC unit required.
- Example: Total area: 20 x 50 = 1000 sqm Power rating: 1000 x 0.15kW = 150kW
How long do commercial AC units last?
- This will depend on several factors including the type of system, maintenance and hours of use.
- But as a general rule, in the Australian climate, a well maintained commercial HVAC system should last for between 10-15 years.
Can I use commercial air con for heating?
- Yes, most commercial air conditioning systems allow you to reverse the refrigeration process. This effectively removes cool air from the room and replaces it with warm air.
- Please contact our AC specialists on (07) 4972 7218 for more information.
How does a commercial air conditioning system work?
- There are several types of commercial air conditioning systems available, but they all essentially work using the same principle.
- First, a compressor compresses a refrigerant in its gaseous state. This increases both the temperature and pressure of the refrigerant to a temperature far higher than the ambient temperature of the room.
- This hot gas is then passed through a condenser which condenses it back into a liquid state. The condensed liquid is then passed through an expansion valve that reduces the pressure, thereby causing the liquid to boil.
- This release of energy causes the temperature of the liquid to fall below room temperature. Once cooled the liquid refrigerant is then passed to an evaporator coil which absorbs warm air from the room. This causes the refrigerant to turn back into a gas. From here the gas returns to the compressor and the entire process starts again.
How much does a commercial AC unit cost?
- The cost of installing a commercial AC unit varies depending on the size of the building and the type of system installed.
- Larger buildings will require more external compressors to chill the air and more internal cassettes to distribute the chilled air around the building.
- As a rough guide installing a standalone single compressor split AC system in a 2500 sq ft office will start around $4000.
- While a large ducted system capable of cooling a large office building or factory unit can cost upwards of $50,000.
Types of commercial air conditioning?
- There are several types of air conditioning systems, but most commercial systems are either split, multi-split or ducted systems.
- Split systems
- With this setup the condenser gets installed outside the building. This then connects to a single evaporator coil located inside the building.
- Multi-split system
- This type of system is the same as a split system but the external condenser connects to multiple internal evaporator coils allowing them to cool multiple rooms simultaneously.
- Ducted system
- With a ducted system, the evaporator and condenser are a single external unit. Chilled air from the condenser is then distributed around the building using a series of ducts.